A fellow Chiropractor (Dr. Courtney Kahla) in Texas did some research on the amount of lead in different salts. Ideally, the amount of lead should be below 100 ppb (parts per billion). Some salts have a lead content into the thousands! Crucial Four goes above and below to ensure purity and quality of their salt, which is why I now choose to buy my salt from them.
What’s the big deal about salt?
Contrary to popular belief, sea salt has tons of health benefits, and it is relatively inexpensive! Below are eight major health benefits of adding a couple of pinches of unrefined sea salt to your food or water.
- Hydration – helps the body absorb water for optimal hydration, and stay hydrated for longer periods of time.
- Reduces fluid retention – contains minerals that help release retained water, which can help with digestion and bloating.
- High in minerals – 84 traces of minerals. Over the decades, the farming process has caused us to lose out on key minerals in our food (which is why it’s important to shop around for quality).
- Electrolytes – high in Magnesium, Potassium, Calcium, and Sodium. These are key for muscle, brain, and heart health.
- Prevents cramps – helps keep muscles relaxed. Our muscles start to tighten up and contract when we are low on these minerals, causing symptoms like cramping, muscle soreness, and restless leg syndrome.
- Improves digestion – aides in creating hydrochloric acid, an acid produced in the stomach to help break down food. A lack of hydrochloric acid can create symptoms like bloating, heartburn, gas, and indigestion.
- Nourishes adrenal glands – our adrenals are prone to over-stimulation and can get out of balance, leading to fatigue, high blood pressure, weight gain, muscle weakness, and moodiness. Potassium and sodium helps to bring the adrenal glands back into balance.
- Regulates Blood Pressure – helps reduce inflammation and boost immunity, which can help regulate blood pressure.
To check out this salt, visit the link below.
In health and gratitude,